The Reading Public Library is happy to announce our Pop-Up Summer Spot Library. The library isn’t open yet, but YOU can still pick from a summer-ready mix at our outdoor pop-up. Pop-Up Summer Spot runs on Tuesdays, between 10 am and 12 noon. through September 8th. Slots are available from 10 to 11am and 11am to 12 noon and be located at the Reading Public Library.
At our safe contact-less summer pop-up library spot, you will be able to view the selected titles. Staff will be on hand to answer any questions and help you make your choices. Once you select the titles, staff will check them out and lay them on a table for you to pick up.
Please remember to bring your library card and wear your mask.
Pop-ups will offer:
- Required middle and high school summer reading titles
- MCBA titles
- Adult Bestsellers
- Children’s book bundles
Register here for a Pop-Up Summer Spot 10 am to 11 am slot (August 11-September 8).
Register here for a Pop-Up Summer Spot 11 am to 12 pm slot (August 11-September 8)
It’s important to emphasize that all health protocols for COVID-19 will be followed at each Pop-Up Library. Our plan for this program follows social distancing and safety guidelines, including proper signage, mask wearing for patrons and staff, maintaining 6 feet of distance between patrons and staff, and the availability of hand sanitizer for everyone. We will encourage everyone to move through our process as quickly and efficiently as possible to reduce the likelihood of people gathering in groups.
A few other pieces of information on our Pop-Up Library:
- Pop-up Library staff will NOT collect or handle money for fines or lost items.
- If you need a library card, please Apply for an Online Library Card
- Patrons must wear masks and will be required to socially distance from each other and staff.
- Pop-up Library will be cancelled if heavy rains/thunderstorms are predicted. The library’s website and social media channels will be updated if the Pop-Up Library is cancelled due to inclement weather.
Any other questions may be directed to the library at 781-944-0840 or by email (email@example.com).