Stop by the Check Out Desk to present identification andYou will select a PIN or Password to access your account online and reserve museum passes.
That’s it! We’ll give you a library card right away!
Start from home
Save time by filling out the registration form at home. You will be issued a temporary library card number, good for up to 2 weeks. Within that period, stop by with valid identification to be given your permanent card.
Children through sixth grade may apply for cards in the Children’s Room. Library card applications for anyone under 16 years of age requires the signature of a parent or guardian.
Using your card @ other libraries
Not a Reading resident?
If you aren’t a resident of Reading, you can still use your hometown card at the Reading Public Library. If your home library has been decertified, please see our “Policy on Lending to Residents of Municipalities with Decertified Libraries”.
- Books, Magazines, Audiobooks, Videogames, Library of Things: 14 days
- Express books: 7 days, Express DVDs: 3 days (no renewals)
- Telescope, CDs, DVDs: 7 days
- Museum passes: 1 day (no renewals)
* Special arrangements may be made by request. Extended loans are also available to Reading teachers and for school or special projects.
Most library materials have no borrowing limits. However, to allow everyone to have access to items in certain collections we limit:
• Video Games: 2 per patron.
• CDs or DVDs: 20 per patron.
• Adult Library of Things: 2 per patron.
• Children’s Library of Things: 2 per patron.
*To protect our collections, the library reserves the right to refuse service to anyone who abuses borrowed items, or is repeatedly late in returning borrowed items.